1. A lovely poster of Raj Kapoor’s Bobby.
2. Sanam Saeed as a background singer in Coke Studio’s Jugni.
3. Apna time aayega in Saeed Akhtar Mirza’s Salim Langde Pe Mat Ro (1989) and Zoya Akhtar’s Gully Boy (2019).
4. The poster of Ashwiny Iyer Tiwari’s Panga is lovely. Its tag line reminded me of the opening lines of Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s Khamoshi—The Musical. “Woh zindagi hi kya jisme koi namumkin sapna na ho?“
5. Guneet Monga makes an appearance in Sachin Kundalkar’s Aiyyaa.
6. Men crying by themselves in Farhan Akhtar’s Dil Chahta Hai and Lakshya.
7. The amazing subtitles of Chanda Chamke Cham Cham in Fanaa.
8. The muffler is slowly unknitted to a state where it no longer exists, mirroring the internal state of Arshia in Haider.
9. On goodbyes in Love Aaj Kal.
Jaane se pehle, ek aakhri baar milna kyun zaroori hota hai?
10. I updated my #ArtInMovies thread on Twitter with many new entries. All entries here.
Seurat’s Bathers at Asnières in The Sky Is Pink
11. Some lovely shots by Manoj Kumar Khatoi in Notebook.
13. I also started a new thread on Twitter on funny and interesting shirts in movies. It can be checked here.
A white man wearing a shirt with a monkey giving another hint of the monkey man in Delhi-6
[Read more of the author’s work on his blog here]